Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back on the road (almost)

I spent the summer buying a victorian house and moving into it and starting the restoration process so I didn't have much time to deal with the bug. But since I had to have to bug towed to the new house anyway, I decided to have it towed to a shop to do the work to get it running that I didn't have time for. The nice folks at German Motor Werks did a full tune up, adjusted the valves, carb and plugs and also did a front end alignment. It runs sweet now but they couldn't pass it for inspection because of the rust in the foot wells. So now I need to get it to a body shop to get at least the holes patched but I probably should get the whole heater channels replaced.

Anyway, at least it runs now, even if it's not totally legal. Here's a shot of it in front of the new house



1 comment:

cortex said...

Greetings, mostly dormant blog! Say hello to the house for me.